So, we bought the house. The broker we used, unfortunately, ended up delaying closing by almost 24 hours because they didn't have something together on their end (the broker, if you're curious, is Prime Financial), but the sellers were cool about it. We spent the entire weekend moving stuff, with the help of Erica's parents and brother, then every night last week after work moving more stuff and cleaning the apartment up. We're currently living out of boxes in the new house, but it's getting there; I even have enough room in the garage to work on my car again.
In other news, last Wednesday night (the only night we weren't moving and cleaning), we met up with a friend of mine who was celebrating his 30th birthday at Medieval Times, and bumped into another friend who I'd worked with/for in a previous (work) life. A good time was had by all, and the Green Knight saved the day. ;-)
The Laser is done! We finally got it back a couple of days before we closed on the house, which really saved us a couple of times; you can pack a ton of stuff in that car. After just shy of 500 miles of break-in, we changed the transmission fluid (and noted the build-up of shavings on the magnetic drain plug...ugh), installed a modified non-turbo K&N FIPK and catch can, and headed down to Joliet for another JSCC autocross event. I took first place in D class, which was rather nice considering I was getting used to a new track (they had to do a new layout from last year) and a new car; even old-timers were getting DNF's for getting lost on the new course, so I consider that a success. ;-)
New ISP: we switched from Speakeasy (because they didn't offer anything faster than IDSL for our new house) to DataFlo, and are now on a 1.544Mbps down, 384kbps up (same as before) connection, running over licensed fixed-wireless. Very nice stuff; the roof-top antenna is very small, and it terminates in a bridged ethernet drop. Since I had to re-do most of my router settings to account for the new network structure (WAN address and a routed /30, vs. the pair of bridged addresses I had before), I took the opportunity to get my 802.11g 54Mbps wireless card working properly. So now, I have an internal wired network, and internal WEP wireless network, a DMZ, and an external link, along with Squid caching everything everyone does (and zapping ads); I'm pretty happy with the result. The rack is technically in my new office, but the equipment is still sitting on the floor, as other moving matters took precedence. ;-)