So we wimped out, and just packed the old carrier bearings with silicone and popped the new-to-us transfer case on the car. First impressions are extremely good; rather than bouncing, we get a ton of wheelspin at launch (which probably has a bit to do with both the stiffer front suspension and the new motor mounts). We also don't get any driveshaft thump, so the main problem we were after is taken care of. With any luck, that was the only remaining problem causing us to eat through transfer cases, and we'll be good for a while.
Before taking it back out, I set the front suspension to a half-turn from full hard (these are Koni yellows), and it's definitely too hard for the street, although it sticks very nicely up front. ;-) I'll need to back that down a bit (when we drove to Norwalk last year for the Shootout, it was set to almost full soft). I also need to get the rears on the car, but we need to decide what to set them for, since they're not adjustable once they're on the car. Foo.