So, it's been a while since I did any actual writing of code, other that the occasional hack related to the ECU in my Evo, when a friend of mine told me about a pre-interview programming task he'd been given: implement Tic-Tac-Toe, with a computer opponent that never loses (or results in a draw, in the worst-case scenario). Since we never really did anything like that back in my data structures and algorithms course in university (we focused mainly on more mundane applications; game theory never really came up, unfortunately), I took a quick stab at it in Python, using Negamax (with alpha-beta pruning to speed it up). I tossed a few other "dumb" player implementations in for good measure while I was testing.
No, this isn't exactly complicated stuff, but it definitely falls under the heading of good practice, something I haven't done enough of lately. I think I'll polish this up a bit more (I'd at least like to get a few basic tests added for completeness, and write a slightly more useful __main__); maybe throw a wxPython front-end on it since I've been spending so much time with that on the Evo stuff anyway.