I've had a couple of productive automotive-related weekends. Last weekend, I finally got the hard-wired power inverter installed in the Evo (4ga wire directly from the battery; it's an 800W inverter, so I didn't want to go small on it). This weekend, I finally re-constructed Jamie's map switching harness in the Evo (I think Jamie had a couple of extra beers the night he made my cable *grin*), and voila: I can now switch between my E85 tune and a 93 octane tune.
So, high on my success from that, I tackled the Laser again today. After testing the wiring harness to the alternator and the high-voltage line from the alternator to the battery, I was left with the possibility that I had TWO dead 1g alternators. We ran out to Pep Boys and had them test the alternator, and yep: 0V produced. A quick swap with one of their "lifetime warranty" remans (I fully expect to be getting my money's worth out of that warranty), and the Laser runs smoother than the Evo.
But, it's been sitting for almost exactly a year, and the usual problems are cropping up: every hydraulic line needs bleeding (clutch and brakes are terrible right now), and the rotors and pads were basically rusted together. So, it runs, and I'll be driving it to work a couple of days this week to get an idea of what else needs attention, but it's not perfect.
And it's a lot slower than the Evo. ;-)