As the first part of eventually getting Erica's wagon an upgraded turbo, I've started planning out the fuel system for her. Her goals are very modest; she wants the car to be responsive in day-to-day traffic, and I'm sure she'd like to be able to at least keep up with my Evo. ;) So, fueling isn't a huge deal; running under the assumption that she won't be running E-85 (she's quite adamant about that, although I'm still hoping to change her mind), a 255lph pump should be plenty for most 40-50lbs/min turbos.
Originally I'd planned on picking up the usual choice: a 255lph HP Walbro pump. After doing a bit of searching, I came across TRE, a company out of California selling what appeared to be "Walbro clones"; they even carry the same part number designations. I suspect they're simply a reproduction from another country, but TRE seems to care enough about the perception of their product that they went to the trouble of having an independent company (RC Engineering) test their output, and give a one-year warranty on them. The biggest plus was that they claimed to not have the typical Walbro "whine"; if you've ever had a Walbro pump, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and it's annoying, especially for a pure street car like my wife's. After seeing a few other folks getting them and being generally happy with them, I decided to take a chance and give it a shot. If you don't see an update here about them within a year or two, you can assume it worked out fine. :) Installation was a snap, and the kit came with everything necessary to install them, along with a "pump cozie"; a foam rubber sleeve that should do a good job of further reducing noise. As for the sound: you can hear it power on when you turn the key, but once the car is running, it doesn't make a peep. Perfect.
Next up will be fuel injectors; I've had my eye on a set of Injector Dynamics injectors, which are basically flow-matched modified Bosch OEM injectors. While it's a bit much for her application, I'm planning on grabbing a set of their 1000cc injectors; plenty of headroom for alternative fuels later, if necessary, and the price is close enough to not matter much. The upshot with these, besides the flow-matching, is that Tony at T1 supplies voltage latency compensation values for them at a variety of common base pressures, which should make tuning for them a breeze.
After that, I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that I was originally planning on installing on the Eclipse sitting on the shelf that I'll probably install for her, along with converting her fuel rails to a parallel feed configuration. In stock form, fuel is fed to the two fuel rails serially; that is, fuel enters one rail and feeds those injectors, then flows to the other rail to feed the second set. The result can be a pressure drop in the second rail, and potentially inadequate fueling to one or both injectors in that rail. The fix is pretty simple: deliver fuel to both rails in parallel using a y-fitting to split the flow, then connect the output of the rails together at the fuel pressure regulator. Simple enough to say, but we'll see how accommodating the stock lines will be to a reconfiguration, or if I'll have to fabricate a bunch of new lines for this.
Finally, the plan is to pick up a turbo for her. I have my eye on the new Forced Performance HTA68 turbo, which is a heavily-modified Mitsubishi 16g. The price is decent, and responsiveness should be on par with a typical 16g (with improved top-end), so it should be a good fit for her application.
Sometime next year, once all of this is done, we'll need to focus on improving charge air cooling; either a front-mount intercooler, or a larger top-mount. But that's down the road a bit.